Sunday, March 31, 2013

Seasonal Change

I've found myself reluctant to spend much time in front of the screen on the weekends now that I'm tied to it at work, but I wanted to post some photos from today's Easter meals:


Brunch was well worth keeping the morning munchies at bay for longer than usual.  We enjoyed chocolate babka from Chloe's Vegan Desserts (I  can't recommend this book, or her first book-- Chloe's Kitchen-- enough; these are essentials for any kitchen, vegan or otherwise!), Tofurky kielbasa and Moroccan Couscous from Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet.

.
After a quiet afternoon spent walking in the woods on a local trail and then subsequently napping, I prepared dinner with plenty of help from my parents.  Mom cooked her trademark kale and Dad mashed the veggies (potatoes, roasted garlic, parsnips and cauliflower-- another Chloe's Kitchen recipe) while I made Seitan Piccata (another Kind Diet recipe) using homemade seitan and Sauvignon Blanc from the Vegan Vine.

All in all a lovely day spent with family, even if I no longer subscribe to the religious beliefs behind the holiday.  I continue to be grateful for my family's openness to adapting traditions to a more compassionate approach to food and am so thankful that my path has led me back to them, no matter how unexpected was the journey here.

No comments:

Post a Comment