Saturday, February 16, 2013

Curry Craze

I was in the mood to make a production out of dinner tonight, so I decided to tackle one of the many recipes on my growing "must try" list: Chef Chloe's Panang Curry.



I tried to stay as true to the recipe as possible, making only the following modifications:

  • Instead of 1 can of coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups water, I used about 3 cups of Trader Joe's Unsweetened Coconut Milk (in the aseptic box), because the box was already open and I didn't want it to go to waste.
  • I lightly pan-fried the tofu cubes before adding them to the curry; not sure if this made any difference but in general I'm not a fan of just adding uncooked tofu to a dish.
  • I added a chopped bell pepper and some shelled edamame along with the kale and sweet potato, just to boost the color and veggie content!
  • I'm a little tired of brown rice so I served this over millet.
The result was so rich with complex, robust flavors that I wanted to just spoon the sauce straight into my mouth and would have heaped a second helping onto my plate if I thought my petite stomach wouldn't have protested.  

Tomorrow I attempt another "must try," this time catering to my sweet tooth...Double Chocolate Ganache Strawberry Layer Cake. Vegan!

No comments:

Post a Comment